Ugly Mutts is a not for profit, volunteer based rescue. The dogs we rescue come to us with nothing but the hair on their backs and sometimes not even that. We do not have a shelter and instead rely on a host of foster homes to care for the dogs we rescue until they find their forever homes. To help our foster parents we supply all the necessary items that enable them to maintain the dogs and it is only with the help of generous and caring people that we are able to do this.
If you have any dog items that you are no longer in need of, you can be assured that we will put them to good use!
We are always grateful to anyone who donates – it can make a difference! Even a box of treats used for training can give a dog a better advantage when it comes time for adoption.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or if you would like to set up a drop off for donations (new or used). Our rescued dogs thank you!
UGLY MUTTS WISH LIST
We are always in need of:
- Wire Crates and Plastic Carriers (any usable condition)
- Leashes and Collars (all sizes and gently used is fine)
- Food Dishes (stainless please for sanitary purposes as they are reused many times over)
- Dry Dog Food (expiry no more than 1 month of the day’s date and only unopened bags please)
- Canned Dog Food (any)
- Training Treats, and Biscuits (expiry no more than 1 month of the day’s date and unopened packages only please)
- Poop bags
- Dog Toys (all kinds and gently used is fine)
- Flea Control (all sizes)
- Shampoos (Dawn Dish Soap or Baby Shampoo is fine)
- Brushes and Other Grooming Supplies (all kinds)
We are also in need of:
- New or used Towels
- Cleaning Products (Spray 9 or Zep products always great!)
- Paper Towels
- Puppy Pee Pads
- Other Medications Such As Glucosamine Tablets, Etc. (as long as they have not expired)
- Baby Gates
- Dog Beds
- Office Supplies (Copy Paper, Folders, Etc.)
- Canadian Tire Money
These are just some of the much needed items but if you think of something else that you believe might be helpful, just send us an email and we will give you directions where your donation can be dropped off.
For those of you who would like to help by making a monetary contribution towards rescuing the dogs, helping pay for veterinary costs or to help us in maintaining the dogs while they are in our care, you can do so by clicking the following link:
Thank you for any consideration in aiding us and our foster families in caring for the dogs.