Ugly Mutts Rescue Team is a community of caring, dog loving people who come together to save lives and who enjoy watching as these dogs go from sad and lonely pound dogs to becoming happy, contented family pets. It is a wonderful feeling to be a part of the team, knowing that you helped make the difference in these dog’s lives.
Below is a list of some of the jobs we need help with but we are always open to new ideas or ways you might be able to contribute that we haven’t yet thought of. Let us know what your talents and interests are and how you would like contribute and become a valued member of the team.
Every couple of months we do a major transport of dogs from a shelter. Every dog we rescue has been temperament tested to ensure they have the ability to become a good family companion. Their rescue has been sponsored, and they have a foster home waiting for them. The transports are usually on a Friday. We need help with the following positions:
- People with a valid driver’s licence, a valid passport, access to a vehicle, who can make themselves available for a full work day, and who are willing to transport other volunteers. Also people who can help deliver foster dogs to those fosters who do not drive.
- Dog walkers needed – must possess a valid passport and be available on transport days.
- We need people that can come for a few hours in the afternoon (Hamilton location) to help walk and care for the dogs until they are picked up by their foster parents.
- People willing to help with clean-up after the dogs have all been picked up.
- Photographers to take pictures of the dogs and the transport in general.
- To pick up donations from private individuals throughout the Hamilton/Burlington and GTA areas.
- People willing to do home checks in various locations.
- People with dog experience both in training and behavioural issues.
- People to help with phone interviews and general screening processes.
- Photographers available to take pictures of individual foster dogs.